Monday, September 20, 2010

Willing Loser

I got the chance to catch up with my sister-in-law tonight.  We cover a lot of subjects when we talk and she is such an encouragement to me.  We landed on one subject that has been a recurring one for me in the months since Grant was born (it is always hard for me to decide what I should say about that time, do I refer to it as when Grant was born or when we lost Grant, I never know.  But we didn't lose him, we know where he is, so Josh and I like to refer to it as when he was born).  So often we think we have to have it all together in order to serve, be effective, encourage others, etc.  As my sister-in-law and I agreed tonight, we don't have to have it all together to be effective and we don't want to pretend that we do have it all together.  Throughout the Bible we see ordinary people "losers" as we called them tonight. :) who were effective for the Kingdom because they were willing to be used.  I don't have it all together, I have pain in my life, I mess things up, sometimes I'm downright sloppy with the way I go through life, and I probably never will have it all together, but I want to be a willing loser who is ready to be used by God.

4 comments:

  1. what a great reminder. being a faithful servant is not about being perfect or having it all figured out. that's why we need God's grace! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. google hates me. really. i subscribed to your blog, and it said, "i don't care. i'm not telling you when she posts, and you can't make me." oh but i can, google. it's called an RSS feed, and i am setting one up right now. take that, google.

    anyways, i say all of that to say that i am late seeing this, but i love it. the idea of a "willing loser" is perfect.

    ps: you're a really great writer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reminded of that truth almost every day:)
    In Hebrews 11"faith chapter" in the middle of verse 34: "out of weakness were made strong"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep forgetting to offer you that handsanitizer! Seriously, though, I love spending time with you because not only are you willing to let it all hang out, you're willing to be okay with my wierdness. So glad He takes the "lowly things, despised things, things that are not" and makes them into something beautiful. My mom and I agree that your writing is really good, btw!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to read what others have to say!