This morning I received an email from a dear friend that was a reply to an email conversation we had on February 16. The first email was from me to her, in it I shared my heart, my fears, my struggles. I was 6 weeks along in my pregnancy at the time.
Her email today said: "I've held on to this email and periodically glanced at it to pray and remind me of your journey through this pregnancy. Now that you are nearly at the end of one journey (and at the beginning of another) I wanted to remind you of it as well. Look at how God has brought you through. Remember how these struggles were big struggles for you at the time. I hope that it brings you peace in knowing that your current struggles will soon be of the past as well. Soon you will be bringing home a beautiful new life. It won't matter how he/she got here. Soon. I love you."
A few days ago, I had cried on the phone to her about the fear of the unknown and all of the things that had been filling my pregnant mind lately. I'm so thankful for my sweet friend who took the time to look back with me to show me where I've been, where I struggled, and how God has proven himself faithful. This is such an encouragement to me, now at 36 weeks, as I venture on into the unknown with my mind filled with questions of what might be.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to read what others have to say!