Tonight the lyrics to I Will Carry You by Selah run through my head. This weekend marks the two year anniversary of when Grant was born. It is interesting to be in such a different place this year. I was pregnant with Isaac last year at this time and I wondered if the pain of remembering would be less sharp when I had a child in my home. Time and God's grace have certainly dulled the pain of losing our baby, but I'm glad that time hasn't removed the pain completely. The pain reminds me of the love we have for him and the journey of faith that we took through such a hard time of our life. We haven't decided yet how we are going to spend some time remembering and celebrating. While I'd like to do something creative, I know that it can be something little and still be meaningful. So as we go into the anniversary I want to remember, I want to feel, and I want to celebrate the work that God has done in allowing our baby's short life to change us and others for the better.
If you aren't familiar with our story, you can begin reading here to get caught up.
Beautiful. Grant's life and your faith journey have been an inspiration to me and many others. Love you!
ReplyDeleteI am remembering with you. When people see Isaac and ask me if this is my first grandchild I almost always say yes...mostly to spare their feelings and avoid embarrassing them. But Grant will always be my first. I loved him while you carried him, and wouldn't trade away that time of anticipation. I know that he is with Jesus and I can be happy about that. So happy birthday, precious Grant. Your grandma loves you and treasures your memory.
ReplyDelete