Friday, April 29, 2011

11 months

This week I took an impromptu trip to Columbus to see a few friends I had been missing terribly and to meet the new baby girl of my dear friends.  (I can't tell if I sound awkward saying dear friends or not, but they are very dear to my heart).  My cell phone barely holds a charge and I left the "good" charger with Josh and just was going to depend on the one we use in the car.  It is one of those that you have to hold at just the right angle and you can't talk and charge or it will stop charging type of deals.  So I had a lot of time to listen to the music that is in the car.  In the 6-cd changer that we RARELY change, the selection of music goes a little something like this: The Fray (been in there since a year ago when we bought the car), Sarah Groves Christmas album (since Christmas), Casting Crowns Christmas album (also there since Christmas), JJ  Heller Painted Red (There since June), Steven Curtis Chapman Beauty Will Rise (There since June, and JJ Heller When I'm With You (There since I got it this fall).  


So I decided to listen to Steven Curtis Chapman first.  I haven't really listened to this album for months because while it is encouraging, it also makes me sad and makes me think about last June.  I listened to it a ton in June after Grant was born.  I listened to JJ Heller Painted Red next, also an album that I sometimes avoid because of the link it has to last summer and the sorrow I felt.  Sometime while I was listening to these albums I was hit really hard by a few things.  I was hit with the fact that, 11 months ago next week, Grant was born and while I was hopeful, knew the truth that God is faithful, and knew that I wouldn't feel so sad forever, I was hurting.  11 months later, I'm still sad at the loss of my son, but I'm amazed at how far my God has brought me, that I don't carry the sorrow I did before because of the freedom that Jesus offers me and the burdens he carries for me, and that he has created life within me again.  Wow!  I felt so free.  I remember a time when I would sing the lyrics to Back Home by JJ Heller while crying knowing that someday things would be better even though they didn't feel that way then.


JJ Heller Back Home:
Don’t let your eyes get used to darkness
The light is coming soon
Don’t let your heart get used to sadness
Put your hope in what is true

No matter how the wind may blow
It cannot shake the sun
Lay your sorrows on the ground
It’s time to come back home

When the future seems uncertain
Like the coming of a storm
Your loving Father carries his children
When they can’t walk anymore

No matter how the wind may blow
It cannot shake the sun
Lay your sorrows on the ground
It’s time to come back home



Or when I'd sing along to the lyrics to Steven Curtis Chapman's Faithful:
I am broken, I am bleeding, 
I'm scared and I'm confused, 
but You are faithful. 
Yes You are faithful. 
I am weary, unbelieving. 
God please help my unbelief! 
Cuz You are faithful. 
Yes You are faithful. 

I will proclaim it to the world. 
I will declare it to my heart 
And sing it when the sun is shining. 
I will scream it in the dark. 

You are faithful! 
You are faithful! 
When you give and when You take away, 
even then still Your name 
is faithful! 
You are faithful! 
And with everything inside of me, 
I am choosing to believe 
You are faithful. 

I am waiting for the rescue 
that I know is sure to come, 
cuz You are faithful. 
Yes You are faithful. 

I've dropped anchor in Your promises,
and I am holding on,
cuz You are faithful.
God You are faithful.

I will proclaim it to the world.
I will declare it to my heart
And sing it when the sun is shining.
I will scream it in the dark.

You are faithful! 

You are faithful!
When you give and when You take away,
even then still Your name
is faithful!
You are faithful!
And with everything inside of me,
I am choosing to believe You're faithful.

So faithful...

Though I cannot have the answer
that I'm wanting to demand,
I'll remember You are God
and everything is in Your hand.
In Your hands you hold the sun, the moon,
the stars up in the sky,
for the sake of Love, You hung Your own Son
on the cross...to die...

You are faithful...
Yes, You are faithful...
When you give and when You take away,
even then, great is Your faithfulness!
Great is Your faithfulness!

And with everything inside of me,
I am choosing to believe You're faithful!
Oh, oh, oh...
Oh, oh, oh...
When you give and when You take away,
even then still Your name
is faithful!
You are faithful!
And with everything inside of me,
I am choosing to believe...

...You're faithful...


And this week I was able to sing those lyrics and in such a different place. I am just so thankful for that.

As summer approaches and things are starting to remind me of summer, I'm finding myself feeling much more relaxed than I anticipated I would. I feel at peace, not frantic, not consumed with worry that we'll lose this baby too, just thankful knowing that even through a really hard situation God proved himself faithful and he will do it again no matter what the outcome is this time.

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you. So proud of what our Great God is doing in your life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to read what others have to say!