I had a few moments to catch up on some blog reading and got a little inspired to also share a bit from my life. Today is a chilly, rainy, drink hot chocolate and be thankful for the blessings in your life kind of day. I just got home from lunch with Josh, my mom and the baby at my favorite local restaurant and when I pulled Isaac out of his car seat he was still snuggly and sleepy. So I'm just sitting here on the couch listening to the music from a friend's blog and enjoying the occasional sound of Isaac's squeaky binky. As I sit here, I'm reminded of the blessings of 2011 and how content I feel in this very moment. I feel like so much of my life I've spent wanting the next thing that I often miss the here and now. I may have written about that in the past actually. In the past 12 weeks I've tried so hard to just soak up each moment because I know that my sweet dependent baby will soon be a toddler who doesn't need me the way he does now.
This little boy has already taught me so much in his 12 weeks with us. I'm so thankful for him and am constantly amazed at how much I love him, it often brings tears to my eyes. I feel so blessed to be Isaac's mommy and have the opportunity to love him and care for him.

Have missed your posts---love it! This time of year offers such a wonderful opportunity to pause and reflect on all of our blessings! You are one of mine! :)
ReplyDeleteI can't get enough of Abijah either! I find myself tearing up a lot just being amazed by her presence. Your little guy is so cute!
ReplyDelete-Randi