Monday, January 23, 2012
Reality Check
I've rewritten this post a bunch of times because I just can't get the words right. I still feel compelled to share though. Today started out lovely, with an early lunch date with a new friend. I am energized by interacting with people and especially with connecting with others one on one. As the day went on, I allowed doubt and fear creep in and dominate a good third to half of my day (I'm not real good with math, so I'm not sure of the exact percentage). I think it is so easy to get news that is out of the norm, not even bad news - and let my brain interpret it as the worst news I've ever heard. I think that it is easy to miss the positive things that are being said when doubt and fear set in, and I momentarily forget the good and the blessings. Today I did my share of being scared and feeling sorry for myself. Even after Josh and I talked (it always helps me to talk and talk until I feel better) and my outlook was more positive, I still found myself feeling discouraged. Then this evening, I was sitting on the couch holding one very tired baby who missed his long nap and I was all of the sudden overwhelmed by the blessings I've experienced in the last year. Somewhere in between listening to his rhythmic breathing, smelling his sweet baby smell, and gazing on the most precious face that I've ever seen, I was reminded that the things I tend to allow to defeat me are often very small in the scheme of things. It also hit me that often when I'm encouraged by an interaction or when I just really feel that I've been able to be part of something that is bigger than myself, I often feel attacked later. The moment was such a gift, that I took a picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
thanks for sharing your heart and being so REAL. with love so intense for this amazing little boy, it is almost a challenge not to get ahead of ourselves with worry. you are such a great mommy!
ReplyDeleteHmmm...what a great reminder of how love can change us. And what a sweet little face:)
ReplyDelete