Thursday, October 27, 2011

He's Here!

Since the beginning of October, I've had big plans for several blog posts.  It is unfortunate that I can't easily transpose my thoughts into a post and must have the time to type them out to share them.  I wanted to write a post on October 4 about the magic of the last date Josh and I had together before we became parents of a child who lived in our home and was under our care.  We went on a date to one of our favorite restaurants and just enjoyed time together.  We got an appetizer and had delicious meals and (this will sound so cheesy but it is true) the light was coming in the windows at the restaurant in such a way that just made the whole evening seem magical.  I felt so satisfied with the 5 years of marriage that he and I have under our belts pre-children and there was an excitement in the evening knowing that the next day everything was going to change.

We slept for maybe a few hours that night, 4:00 am came bright and early on October 5.  We had to be at the hospital at 5:15 am so that I could be prepped for my c-section.  The baby had decided to stay in the breech position so a c-section had been planned.  I was nervous throughout the morning  but everyone was so nice and did their best to put my mind at ease.  At 8:06 am Isaac David was born weighing 8 lbs 14 oz and 21 inches long with a full head of hair.  My heartburn paid off!  :)



Perhaps in the coming weeks I'll share more details about the days after Isaac's birth.  These past 3 weeks have been amazing.  We may be a little sleepy but we are filled with joy over this little boy.  It is amazing to see Josh in the Daddy role, he is such a good dad and I'm loving my new job as Isaac's mom.

3 comments:

  1. yay! so glad to read your blog and can't wait to hear more about this exciting journey you are on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you both! He is beautiful and perfect in every way. Glad to hear you are all doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Josh are truly blessed! Congratulations! My prayers are with you as you start this new journey. You are going to be great parents. Issac is amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to read what others have to say!