Monday, December 27, 2010

Moved

I'm off work this week and I have many goals for the week.  Goal number one for this winter morning was to sleep until I woke up.  Check!  I planned on going to the post office and then closing myself into my craft room for the day to do the things I love the most, sewing and making cards.

When I got the post office, my mailbox was very full.  I love those days.  One of the items was a small padded envelope from a person that sounded familiar but not someone I knew.  I had the package opened by the time I got to the car because curiosity had taken over.  Had I ordered something from someone and forgotten about it?  Had someone signed me up for some sort of chain mail and I didn't know about it.  What could it be?  When I opened the note it became clear why I knew this woman's name.  She is a friend of a friend of mine and she too lost her first child, a son, this year.  Her note was such an encouragement to me and the things she said touched my heart.  She also included a glass and wire dragonfly with Grant's name and birth date on it with the story of the dragonfly.

Even though I've added tears to a day I thought was going to be tear free, it was such an encouragement.  As humans we like to know that others understand us and get what we are going through.  This connection with a complete stranger encouraged me and reminded me that I'm not alone in this.  Thank you Jessica.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cara,
    Hopped on over here from the link you left and read all the posts back to the beginning. My heart aches for you and Josh and yet I'm also totally inspired by you and encouraged by your rock solid faith in God. Chin up. Sending hugs and prayers your way.
    Much love and warmth,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to read what others have to say!