Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Remembering 2010 and Hope for 2011

I had been keeping my eye out for an ornament for our tree to remember Grant and just hadn't found the right one.  Then a few weeks ago I got an email from a really awesome jewelry design company, Lisa Leonard Designs (you should go there once you are done reading this post),with the perfect ornament in it.  So I ordered it.  It came and is PERFECT.  It has his name, the date he was born, and what I think of as a teardrop crystal hanging from the bottom of it.  Once we put the tree up I added it to the tree beside another new ornament I got this year at Countryside Crafts, I liked it because it is pretty and says the word hope on it.  I didn't think much about their placement when I added Grant's ornament, but I love having them beside each other.  Remembering Grant and all that happened in 2010 but hopeful for what is to come in 2011.  Here are a couple pictures of the ornaments. 


6 comments:

  1. I have a necklace from Lisa Leonard... she does great work. And- this is really awesome! Praying that your 2010 is not forgotten, but rembered as a time when the Lord stretched your faith and really showed you that you could lean on him, and absolutely hopeful for what's to come for you guys in 2011. Your faith is an inspiration Cara and I'm thankful that you're willing to share it with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grant must be so proud of his Mommy. Her love is "forever love" What a beautiful symbol. This is the perfect picture of what love and hope look like. It made me smile. Luv ya, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. A family member gave us an angel ornament in memory of our baby last year. It was not easy hanging it up exactly a year after losing him/her, but it does remind us of the joy of when we will meet him/her in Heaven someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grant's ornament is SO beautiful. He continues to make an impact even though he was only here a short time. Can't wait to meet my nephew in heaven. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think God guided your hand to show how positive you have made what many would see as only negative. You are an inspiration my dear Cara. And the ornament is perfect. Great choice. I hope we get to see you in Jan at DWSM. God Bless. Anna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to read what others have to say!