Friday, June 3, 2011

Special

I've known that I've had a great sister-in-law since I married into the family.  Since I'm an only child and Josh only has one brother, I was thankful that I genuinely liked and then came to love Josh's brother's wife.  In the past year, my relationship with Sarah has gone from a really good sister-in-law relationship to fantastic and sister-like.  I got this message from Sarah via email late last night.  The letter made me cry and reminded me again how special she is to me.  I love you Sarah.


Dear Grant,

Nearly a year ago, you changed lives. Yes, I know it must seem so strange to you to think that you had such a huge part to play even though your little life was so short, but it's true. Your Mom and Dad are not the same people they were before your brief visit into this world, and they have, in turn, blessed others with the things you taught them. As I write this, I'm thinking about how amazing it is that you never knew what it means to feel pain, to feel sadness, to feel loss. I bet you're looking down wondering why we cry sometimes when we remember you. Well, it's pretty simple: we're sad that we missed out on getting to know you here on earth. But the thing is, life down here is hard, and it's pretty short when it all comes down to it. So I'm looking forward to spending time with you for all of eternity. I'm thinking that it's a good thing we're going to have a lot of time up there because there's a whole bunch of people who want to meet you. (Just remember, I'm your ONLY Aunt, so I should get some kind of priority). The cool thing is that I know you're having a good time up there with Jesus and all of the other babies. Even though I'm crying while I write this to you, these are partially tears of joy.  And so, Grant, I have to thank you for changing me, too.  I can't wait to meet you.

Lots of love,
Aunt Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for making me cry today, Cara. I can't wait to meet our babies someday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to read what others have to say!