Monday, June 20, 2011

The Sweet Things

Last night I ambitiously set my alarm for 6:00 am to get a head start on the day.  I then proceeded to play a game on my ipod until it died (probably around midnight or maybe later).  I know, not real smart or productive use of time.  So, this morning, when my alarm went off at 6:00 am I stumbled to find it and turned it off.  Then I rolled to my back for a minute or so only to feel some of the strongest kicks I've felt so far from Firepower.  I love that part of morning.  That time when you are sleepy enough to fall back asleep but awake enough to enjoy the wonderful feeling of the sheets.  I also love getting a connection time with the baby when I'm first waking up.  Josh came in to the bedroom to finish getting ready for work and I was able to somehow communicate to him to come feel the baby (he must understand my groggy morning language well).  Firepower cooperated and gave Josh a good show as well.  Sharing excited glances and laughing together about our little baby that neither of us know a thing about was the perfect start to my day.  Once the kicking backed off, Josh finished getting ready and headed out the door.  It would've been wise for me to get up at that point, but he tucked me all in and packed pillows around me so that I was so comfy, I hated to waste that, so I slept, until 7:40.  :)  If only all Mondays could start as magically.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds fabulous!! Glad you had such a nice, sweet morning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to read what others have to say!