Friday, October 15, 2010

Peace

I wanted to share quickly this morning about the peace I've been feeling.  Last night on our way home from small group, I commented to Josh that I felt so similar to how I did in the moments after Grant was born.  In that moment I felt relieved, exhausted, but at peace.  The struggle of labor and all the emotions with delivering a child that wasn't alive were over and I could rest in knowing that I had done what I needed to do as Grant's mom.

Last night, at the end of a day that I had been anticipating for months not knowing what I should expect for the day, I felt such relief.  I know that we were covered in prayer yesterday because of the peace that I felt throughout the day.  Tears that were cried weren't all consuming, immobilizing tears.  I got so many amazing messages of encouragement from people who care about me.  We got a beautiful plant arrangement, flowers, flowers, and more flowers.  I was able to spend time with friends from out of town and time with friends at small group.  What a way to spend a day that could've been so sad.

I feel peace this morning knowing that God has something big in store for Team D.  That He is going to amaze us  very soon.  I'm not naive enough to believe that the world is going to be all sunshine and rainbows from here on out, but I'm encouraged that today is a new day and that new things are coming.

He will give you a crown of beauty instead of ashes, a joy of blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair Isaiah 61:3

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you this morning. I'm so looking forward to seeing what the Lord does! Hope your atrium is in full bloom :-) xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. "What I thought I wanted and what I got instead leaves me broken and yet...peaceful, grateful, faithful."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to read what others have to say!