Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Quiet in the Chaos

Wow, what a crazy few days.  To highlight a few of the things I'm talking about: my conference for work is less than a month away (oh my, hard to think about cause I have SO much to do still), my handsome nephew was born yesterday (please continue to pray for the little guy as he adjusts to life on the outside :) ), people I love have loved ones who are facing serious health complications, and the list goes on.  Some things are exciting, some are scary, and some are both!  It seems that over and over I have the opportunity to pray for the things that pop up in my life and in the lives of my friends and family.

Things feel almost chaotic this afternoon with the flurry of texts, emails, and phone calls I've gotten today (both for work and my personal life).  Life makes me feel like I'm huffing and puffing to do all that I want to do and to connect with all of the people I want/need to connect with.  YET, I feel an overwhelming quiet peace in the chaos, a contentment that God has me where he wants me in this season.  I keep being reminded that God is faithful and we can depend on him even when we don't understand why things are happening.  I also feel so honored that people feel they can depend on me to listen and to pray.  I'm feeling more and more like me each day but a changed stronger me.  What an honor to be busy for these reasons!  

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't read this before we talked on the phone---guess it was the witness of the Holy Spirit! Thanks for letting God use you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is definitely growing you into a prayer warrior! Your strong faith is inspirational. Thanks for lifting me and my family up in prayer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to read what others have to say!