Wednesday, October 27, 2010

While I'm Waiting

I'd like to thank my friend Jenna for inspiring me this morning and encouraging me.  After reading her blog post this morning, I was really convicted.  So often I want the next thing so badly that I don't bask in the goodness of today.  While I had planned on being a mom with real mommy responsibilities at this present date, I'm not.  But rather than just pine for the day that dream will be reality, I need to really enjoy the place God has me for this season.  It isn't that I don't take time to enjoy life.  I really do enjoy life, I know that I've had more good moments in the almost 5 months since Grant was born than bad.  But that's not what I mean.  I want to spend more time actually acknowledging and being thankful for this time in my life, not merely doing things to take up time until I get to do the job (mommy) that I really want.  Good things off the top of my head: more time with just Josh, being able to sew as much as I want, flexibility to get up and go when I need to, time to give to my new nephew and the other niece and nephew-like little people in my life, and many more.

So rather than just wishing for the next thing and finding things to just "fill" the time, I'm going to live intentionally. It really won't change what I do, but the reward will be greater.  Plus, doesn't time go by faster when you are truly enjoying what you are doing with no reservations?

3 comments:

  1. You should know that you are being such a blessing during this "waiting" time. I am so thankful for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a positive outlook you have! It will definitely make thee waiting time go by faster! After Abigail died, we were told we had to wait an entire year before we could try to try again because of the type of c-section I had. It was pure torture! To make matters worse, we stressed ourselves out so much that when the time came for us to try again, it just didn't happen. We went to our doctors and they said we were just too stressed, but they would run tests. We gave up convinced that these tests needed done. Eli and I prayed together, cried together. Two weeks later (on Father's Day no less) we found out we were pregnant with Rebecca. It does get easier. You'll never forget Grant (not that you'd want to), but you find a new way of living, of coping.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to read what others have to say!